Follow SHIRLEYBECK on Twitter

Saturday, August 24, 2013

R. I. P. Dear Sister

 
My first client, Jocy Faye Crockett Nelson, who from the start was my teacher and became my very close friend died today. She will forever make me a better person and lawyer. She was a true inspiration, a resilient woman and loved by many. I will miss her very much.
 
Kaylie Simon 
 
The final survivor of a racially motivated shooting that shook Northeast Texas in 1955 died Friday at the age of 71, her granddaughter said.
 
Kimyonia S. Bowman
 
My sister Jocy Faye Crockett Nelson was a very special person. She had a conversation for everyone she met. She had an infectious personality that could always make people smile, laugh or at least chuckle.
We love you dear sister, we miss you too, but God loves you more.
R. I. P. Dear Sister.
Until we meet again.
 
Shirley Beckworth



                                                           Thank you to Kaylie Simon FB page...

Enhanced by Zemanta