Follow SHIRLEYBECK on Twitter

Monday, May 31, 2010

My Brothers & Sisters

Even though my sisters and brothers are all grown we still have the love that only a sister and brother can have.

I will never forget how our father's face would light up when we came to visit. Our father passed away in 1995.

Since then our mom is the one I look to for the light and that's exactly what I get.

When I got married I was only eighteen. My father had only one thing to say about it..."If he does not treat you right you can always come back home". Very powerful words to this day.

I moved away in 2000. My sisters and brothers still miss having me around and they are constantly wanting me to come home. When I do go home before I leave they are asking me "when are you coming back"?

We all live our separate lives now raising our children and taking care of our families and our bond is immeasurable. 

But, when opportunity knocks we must open the door. We close the chapter of one part of our lives to open another chapter.

The love of family is all so powerful. If we keep it in our hearts and minds and it will help us through our most darkest days.

Family Reunion 2008: My Brothers

 
Enhanced by Zemanta