Follow SHIRLEYBECK on Twitter

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fifties and Loving It!

 
I made it! I thought I would always be in my twenties but, I'm here and it's not so bad.

I remember when my mom was fifty I thought she was pretty old. Now that I've made it I don't think it's that old at all. I look in the mirror and what do I see? Someone else starring back at me. An older woman...who can it be? Oh my goodness it is me!

I feel like I'm in my twenties or thirties. But, I ask the question why do we age? Why can't stay forever young? So many question I know, but in order to live... older we must grow.


My mom is a very laid back quiet and observant person. She always has something going on in her mind and heart and she say God has given her words , and when she speaks it's with such conviction. Although she love cooking and others things when we were young we spoiled her by doing those things for her. Now she doesn't have to do anything unless she feel like it. We love having her around to share her love, wisdom and knowledge with us. She turned eighty (80) in November 2009.

I turned fifty-two (52) in October 2009. I look at my mom and wonder "Is this me when I get her age"? I think I'm a lot like my mom just more modern. I often wonder about getting older and how it will affect my life.

Sometimes I get anxious thinking that I need to retire and spend more time enjoying my family. My husband and children. We will be traveling and having so much fun! My children need me around to share my amazing strength and love for them. My grandchildren need my love, strength and support. I look forward to watching them grow into adulthood.

When I think of the importance our parents are to me, my husband children and the entire family. It reminds me that I am a parent too and how our children need us too. I look forward to living a long and healthy life for my family.

Look out world I will be around for a long time because I have family that needs a wife, sister, mother, and a Mimi. What a blessing to be needed. I get an extra lift thinking about all the love I have for my family and it keeps me strong.
Enhanced by Zemanta